How We Started
Burntwood Memorial Institute and Community Association was built as a memorial to those who gave their lives in the 1914-1918 War. It began with funds raised by the people of Burntwood Parish to obtain the land and wooden tin huts to start the community centre which opened on 6th January 1922.
It was completely re-built in December 1971 – again by extensive fund raising and a grant from the Ministry for education and Science. This community centre is extensively used for a wide range of activities which can be obtained from the booking secretary.
The Institute is run by a group of volunteers as a non-profit charitable organisation. It is available for hire and provides an ideal venue for weddings, dances, parties and conferences. We have a fully licensed bar and caterers.